One of the biggest challenges in golf is to lower the handicap score and one of the easiest solutions is to improve putting on the green. Improving putting means reducing the number of putts in each round of your golf course. Nothing can be more beneficial than practicing if you want to improve your putting. Now there are two systems in practice you can follow:
- i). Practice without any putting aids
- ii). Practice with putting aids
We recommend the most effective way that is to practice with putting aids. That’s why we are here with our research and analysis of the 10 best putting aids. Stick around, you will find an optimal option.
Table of Content
- 10 Best Putting Aids Review
- 1. Pro Path Golf Putting Mirror
- 2. EyeLine Golf Patented Classic Putting Mirror
- 3. PuttOut Pro Putting Gates
- 4. Naxobobo Golf Putting Mat
- 5. PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
- 6. KINGTOP Golf Putting Alignment Mirror
- 7. IZZO Golf Sharp Shooter Putting Training Aid
- 8. WSERE 2 Pack Golf Putting Cup
- 9. EyeLine Golf Putting Plane Rail
- 10. Pelz Golf DP4007 Putting Tutor
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Buying Guide for Best Putting Aids
10 Best Putting Aids Review
1. Pro Path Golf Putting Mirror
We chose Pro Path Golf Putting Mirror as our top pick among the best putting aids because we couldn’t list any item above this one. Once you use it, you will know it’s the best training aid you have ever tried. We can tell you three major reasons for it before going to the review. First, it’s crafted by PGA professionals and designed to fit all golfers. Second, it will give you a correct posture and stance as well as a perfect eye line over the ball. Finally, it will create consistency in the putting stroke.
- It provides both the mirror and a putting arc
- It has 2 stroke arc lines for both mallet putters and toe hang putters.
- A curved, patent-pending mirror
- Real-time feedback
- Includes putting alignment guide
This is not only a mirror. It comes with a whole unit packaged in a sturdy box. It includes a carrying case and 4 different sized gates. These will help you deal with the issues that lead to breaking putts. The gates are made of firm metal that is useful for speed practice. They come in separate cloth pouches. There is a cloth bag too to protect the mirror.
Using the putting mirror, you can easily avoid the missed putts and all relevant minor errors. It will help you control your speed and bring consistency to your swing. It’s designed for both right and left-handed golfers.
You can use the storage cloth bag to clean the mirror. Whether it is a blade putter or mallet, this putting aid allows both. Checking the swing path of the putting stroke is important. This mirror will help you do that. Besides improving your putting skill, this will make you confident.
- Easy to get perfect stance and posture
- Simple and straightforward to train you properly
- Almost 50% larger than most mirrors available
- Includes speed adjustment holes
- Increases consistency in putting stroke
- Corrects shoulder alignment
- Corrects the flaws in putting but doesn’t help to read putts
If you are tired of looking for an effective putting aid that can lower your handicap and improve your game, Pro Path Golf Putting Mirror is highly recommended. Despite being a top-notch training aid, it’s pretty much affordable costing $64. But before buying, keep in mind there are two options, one with gates, another without gates. Don’t forget to take the one that has gates.
2. EyeLine Golf Patented Classic Putting Mirror
Over the past 10 years, EyeLine Golf Patented Classic Putting Mirror has been successfully helping all-level golfers to improve their putting skills. For those who want to perfect their putting stroke and consistency in putting practice, this mirror is for them.
- The mirror has holes in front and back for placing tees
- Instant feedback on eye position, putter setup, and putter stroke
- Fits putting green
- Immediate feedback
The mirror comes with a soft carry bag. There are holes in the mirror that will help you create a gate in front of it so that you can put the ball through it. “Gate drill” will help you reduce your putts.
You can also place tees in the back hole which will let you have back swing control while putting. Based on the design, there are two customizable options – i). Designed in arched style, ii). Designed to give a straight back-forward stroke.
This great putter is perfect to use on any golf mat sized more than 9.25 inches x 17.5 inches. And for its compact size, you can use it in any of your golf bags. Check our recommendations of golf bags.
This mirror ensures a proper start line, face angle, and eye placement. If you are aligned in the right form, you will get immediate feedback. Even if you are not aligned properly, it will provide you feedback for better stroke.
- Compact size and easy to carry
- For both indoors and outdoors
- Simple to use
- Both for right and left-handed golfers
- Mirror alignment lines and mirror face help to make more putts.
- Not suitable for high temperatures. The inside glue may melt in extended periods of heat.
- Relatively costly
We highly recommend EyeLine Golf Patented Classic Putting Mirror for the average golfer to align their putts and be consistent in their strokes as well. It costs $59. Though it seems pricey at first glance, it’s worth every penny. Check out this EyeLine Single 360 Mirror which is an alternative with the same price.
3. PuttOut Pro Putting Gates
PuttOut Pro Putting Gates is here, in our top 3 picks of best putting aids because of its excellency in improving putter swing and increasing accuracy effectively. Each gate of the set makes the putting straight and helps you learn the pendulum swing properly at multiple distances.
- Portable and durable.
- Designed for indoor and outdoor use.
- Available in 3 sizes: Small gate (50mm), medium gate (60mm), and large gate(70mm).
- Made to use on putting greens or putting mats.
- Comes with a handy carrying protective bag.
The set comes with powder-coated steel that is rustproof and highly resistant to any damage or scratch. So even if you play outdoors, carry it or move it frequently, it has no chance of getting damaged.
The gates are designed with different inside diameters so that you can train yourself with different putting drills and improve target line and accuracy.
There is a weighted base with spiked feet on it that is to let you practice on any putting greens or mats. You can check a list of 10 best putting greens from here that can help you in this regard.
If you are a beginner, we recommend another set of 70-80 mm putting gates that will allow you more room for error. But if you have already passed the beginning step, this is for you!
- Best for both indoors and outdoors
- Easy to assemble and use
- Built with quality materials and long-lasting
- Best for swing and accuracy
- Adjustable targets
- Great value for money
- No tape measure is included to ensure you are playing from the exact distance you need.
- Not much suitable for beginners
You can practice with other types of aids but the PuttOut Pro Putting Gates are in our recommendation because these are exceptional for offering immediate short-game improvement. You will get it at $48. It ensures a perfect start line and narrows your margin of error even in tougher challenges.
4. Naxobobo Golf Putting Mat
Naxobobo Golf Putting Mat obtains its place in our top 10 picks because of its easy rolling service. It’s best to help you learn speed and directional control. Whether you are an amateur or experienced golfer, this great tool is designed to let you practice in any weather.
- Portable, compact in size, and durable
- Includes two different-sized holes with an automatic ball return feature
- Provides 2 guided alignment training tracks
- Designed with a crystal velvet material
- True and consistent roll
This is a well-made mat that doesn’t take much space like a big backyard or front yard. It can be a long straightway for your narrow hallway. The mat will let you easily track the ball curve and spin.
There is a removable heavy foam pad included with the mat. It’s made with hard plastic and solid wood. There are two golf holes on each side.
According to the users’ experience, the ball often gets stuck on the right smaller cup as the side hole and slope are a bit smaller. There are 2,4,6 and 8 ft distance markings so that you can improve your shot.
You can use the putting mat for home golf practice or in your backyard, lawn, or office. As it is portable, you can travel with it while keeping it in your golf bag.
- Easy to fold up and store in a small space.
- Very affordable
- No wrinkling problem
- Lies flat on the ground
- Smooth putting surface
- Offers true straight putt
- Suitable for both rain and shine
- The two side walls are not so high to prevent the ball from going out.
- The side hole and slope are not as big as it needs to be.
We recommend the putting mat among hundreds of options because of its easy rolling and lower price. It’s available for $99. Great value for the price. If you want a premium quality golf simulator mat and a better putter, try this Perfect Practice Putting Green.
5. PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
This putting aid is beneficial for those golfers who want to work on pace control and alignment. It’s a good putter that will help you find the center of the cup easily. The putter will make you ask, how can such a simple design make the best putting practice!
- Designed with a parabolic shape to return good putts and reject bad putts.
- 5 colors are available – white, blue, orange, green, red, etc.
- Immediate feedback
- It includes repeat putt, perfect putt, match play perfect putt, and killer putting drill.
The first question about this product might be, what does the parabolic shape do? Well, it does the most important job – rejecting missed putts, targeting for perfect putts, and returning good putts. The base of the putter is made of heavy rubber.
PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer fits any flat surface, putting mat and putting green as well. But we recommend the PuttOut mat for this putt trainer. You can also set it on the carpet. But we suggest not to use 70s shag carpeting.
It lets you use a golf driver, putter, wedge, and irons to take multiple shots on the course so that you can reduce the putts. You can use any golf ball except the foam balls.
This putting aid is well made of high-quality elastomer polycarbonate that makes sure it will fit your golf bag. You can travel anywhere with the aid of your training purpose. Also, it has a collapsible design that helps you fold the aid.
- Well constructed
- Helps to aim the center of the cup
- Foldable and portable
- Multiple colors are available.
- Fits golf bag
- Works without any batteries
- Doesn’t work with an indoor foam practice ball
- Color options are limited
This putting aid is designed for golfers. Yet we especially recommend it for new golfers because it will help them hit a lot of putts quickly in the 3′-5′ range while most beginners don’t practice this important range. If you want to have your strokes significantly smoother within a few weeks, PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer will benefit you. It costs $27. There’s a premium version of this trainer pricing $39, have a quick look here.
6. KINGTOP Golf Putting Alignment Mirror
If you want the most affordable option for putting alignment mirror, have a look at this one from the KINGTOP brand. KINGTOP Golf Putting Alignment Mirror is available at $14. To improve your ball alignment, club alignment, and adjust setup position, you can check this product and go through the review.
- Provides ball alignment, and club alignment and adjusts setup position
- Reflective surface
- Includes putter gate slots and alignment guides
- It’s sized 12″ x 6″
- There are 5 white tees included with it
- Build with sturdy acrylic material
It’s a well-constructed mirror the materials of which make it a durable putting aid. The package is wrapped with a bubble sleeve and an adhesive film that prevents scratch while carrying on transport. It includes putting cup combo and carrying bag.
The putter gate slots of the mirror are given so that you can find the sweet spot easily and hit on it. Also, it will give you a proper swing path. You can perfect the face alignment and eye position by using the alignment mirror.
You can use your blade putters with the mirror easily. But with a large mallet-style putter, you should be careful because the gate is not as wide as the professional models.
- Well-made and long-lasting
- Improves posture alignment on the green and increases confidence as well
- Very affordable
- Helps ball positioning and alignment
- Lightweight and portable
- Fits golf bag
- The putting gate is not much wider.
- Not suitable for synthetic turf as the bottom is smooth. So it may slide.
Kingtop Golf Putting Alignment Mirror is an excellent putting training aid for the price. We recommend the putting mirror for those who want to reduce missed putts caused by poor alignment.
7. IZZO Golf Sharp Shooter Putting Training Aid
The name of this putting training aid reflects its usage. Sharp Shooter Putting aid is designed to improve your speed and accuracy. It’s best to give you putting perfection in both indoors and outdoors. For those who want a training aid for multiple uses, it may help them.
- Includes two center targets, three balls, game instructions
- Fun features
- Black colored
- Various competitive game formats
You can use this putting training aid for gaming purposes and practice purposes as well. It’s suggested for male golfers. It includes sharpshooters. This aid will help you create accurate swings.
The included easy-to-use game instructions will help you play accordingly. As it’s portable and easy to carry, you can set it at your home or take it to travel. This offers competitive game formats which will allow you to play with a competitor.
- Fits all-aged golfers
- Suitable for competitive game formats
- Both for indoor and outdoor use
- Long-lasting and easy to carry
- Only for beginners
We recommend IZZO Golf Sharp Shooter for only beginners who just want to practice to reduce putts, it’s not for the professionals. It’s priced at $31. Great value for the price!
8. WSERE 2 Pack Golf Putting Cup
If you are looking for an affordable option to practice your putting, WSERE Golf Putting Cup will help you. It’s a good putting aid which costs $14. The price is relatively very cheaper than others.
- Built with high-quality plastic material
- Improves putting accuracy
- Great for fun
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Lightweight and portable
WSERE 2 Pack Golf Putting aid includes two pieces of putting mat with the package. You can use this in your home or office. It’s perfect for use on the carpet. According to users’ opinions, this aid is good for casual use.
You can use the cup for being active and having some fun. But if you are serious about improving your putting skill, you should try another one.
This training cup will speed up your putting practice and improve your skill. The cup size is 18.2 cm x 13.8 cm/7.16 in x 5.43 in.
- Simple, handy, and easy to carry
- Reasonable price
- Well constructed with durable plastic
- Helps to make your putting more accurate
- No ball included
- For being too light, it sometimes moves around.
Though this training aid is best for indoor and outdoor, we recommend it for indoor use. GoSports Pure Putt Challenge Putting Cups 3 Pack can be an alternative with the same price range.
9. EyeLine Golf Putting Plane Rail
EyeLine is one of the most well-known brands. We have already included a putting mirror of this brand in our list. EyeLine 70-degree edge putting rail is best as a training aid for most golfers.
- 70° edge putting plane rail
- There are markings on the rail’s face to check the distance
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Build with lightweight material
This putting plane rail comes for both left and right-handed golfers. It won’t scratch your putter. You don’t have to worry anymore about the path of your putter. Instead, it will allow your putts to roll smoothly on your chosen line.
Once you learn to read greens, this aid will help you make a lot of putts. If you practice regularly, it will improve your putting skill within no time.
You can make your swing path more accurate and control your swing speed by using the rail. Also, it will make your stroke consistent.
- Easy to use
- Lighter and durable
- Helps to make repeatable putting stroke
- Increases consistency in putting stroke
- Too lightweight for indoor use as it moves around
- Some golfers prefer heavier materials for it than plastic
Recommended for those who want more solid and center-struck smooth putts. Yes, $59 might be a bit expensive for some golfers. Yet it’s worth buying.
10. Pelz Golf DP4007 Putting Tutor
Pelz Golf DP4007 Putting Tutor is Phil Mickelson’s choice. He used and endorsed it. If your main purpose is to read green properly and deal with breaking putts for increasing putting skill, it can be an ideal choice. It’s designed to let you strike squarely so that your ball can roll on line.
- Increases green reading skills
- Immediate feedback
- Comes with a case
- Helps both stroke and alignment
Dave Pelz putting tutor is great for all-level golfers. It will help you adjust the aim line. Practicing with this aid, you can make difficult putts as well as learn how many putts are breaking.
It will allow you to increase consistency in your putting stroke, verify eye position, and square your putter face at address. You will be able to aim your putting on the exact line. It includes no golf balls. You can find one from our reviews and resources of different golf balls.
To make great putting game fundamentals, you should correct your eye position. This aid will help you do this. It comes with a nice flat carrying case that can be kept in your golf bag. You can use it on your carpet.
- Easy to use
- Suitable for all skilled golfers
- Improves green reading
- Helps to make consistent putting strokes
- Not suitable for outdoor use
- No golf ball included
Our experience says this training aid will make you putt like pros by giving you a proper alignment allowing the ball to roll on the correct line. Recommended for indoor use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Buying Guide for Best Putting Aids
Buying putting aids might be a difficult step for you if you are not pre-prepared. Even if you have bought one before, you need to follow buying guides now. Because each aid is different from another. This variety of design makes it difficult to buy effective putting aids. To make it easy, we provided a buying guide here.
How much consistent putting results does it give?
Consistency in putting stroke is what a golfer needs most to increase his putting skill. If you can be consistent in your putting practice and hit correctly on the sweet spot, you get what you need. This is why your putting aids should be stable in performance. You should know if it is easy to have the proper posture, stance, and eye contact with the aid you are selecting for your putting. Besides the best putting aids, you can follow a step by step guide to proper golf posture.
How long does it last?
To practice all the time, you should obviously select a long-lasting aid. A durable putting mat or mirror or any other aid is always an ideal choice for those who want to take it and practice anywhere, anytime. Find a durable one carefully. Durability matters to make the product more preferable. Putting aids with strong materials won’t be damaged. You can choose strong plastics that will serve you longer.
Which design will deliver best to you?
You may have choices while selecting the design of a putting aid. But “the simpler, the better” – it may make your choice easier. Yet the question remains, which design in putting aids will be effective? Actually, there are different designs that do different things. To work with your stroke mechanics, you need a simple designed putting mirror. If feel and pace control matter more to you, a putting mat will be a good choice. This is how you can choose in accordance with your purpose.
Is it portable to carry?
Portability is important if you are one of them who wants to carry the training aid anywhere. If it’s portable, you can keep it inside your golf bag. So make sure it’s easy to carry and fits your bag. Here we provide you with the best golf travel bags to help you have a suitable one.
Where will you practice with it?
You should give some thought to where you are going to practice with your training aids. Whether it is indoors, on the carpet, on a wooden floor, or outdoors? You should select the model based on the place you want to practice.
How much budget should you consider?
Putting aids are available at affordable prices. Though there are multiple aids to practice golf putting, any of them won’t take much penny from your bag. At the same time, different models of golf putting training aids have different prices. You should consider from $10 to $300 and beyond.
We provided not only the 10 best golf putting aids review but also some pros tips and buying guides. Whether you have been practicing for a long time or you have just started practicing, the above-mentioned golf putting training aids and tips will help you reduce your putts.
Don’t forget to share your experience when you are on the golf course. If this article seems helpful and effective to you, you can share the recommended putting training aids with others too. We expect your feedback!