If you are looking for a way of hitting a fade, you are in the right place. This article is going to give you some instructions on how you can hit a fade.
First, you may want to know about a fade shot in golf. All information required for you is given here so that you can clearly get the idea of how you are going to hit a fade. Let's know.
What is Fade Shot?
A fade is a shot in golf that features controlled movements of the ball of a golfer and it shifts from the player's left to his right during its flight (for a right-handed golfer).
How to Hit a Fade
By following 5steps, you can get the whole thing clearly about hitting a fade. The steps are given below.
Step 1 – Weaken your grip
- Curve your grip over to the left a bit. It is applicable only for the right-handed golfers.
- Now confirm that your knots on your left hand aren't noticeable on your traction, but your right-hand knots are visible.
- Don't exaggerate this. If you shift your grip repeatedly to the left, a fade can easily turn into a slice.
- Keep in mind that your left hand should be on the height of your right hand for as long as possible.
- Grip your clubface square to your delivery path, or even open to it.
Step 2 – Keep your goal slightly to the left
- Remember that a fade is where the ball starts off left and gradually moves back to the center.
- You should keep an eye so that your fade cannot be a slice. For that, you should aim slightly left of goal with your feet and shoulders.
Step 3 – Hit with a slightly open face.
- In consequence, hit the ball in such a way that the toe of the club is bent slightly backward and the heel occurs in front of the toe.
- By doing this, you can practice the left-to-right action that should be done by a fade shot.
Step 4 – Ignore overswing.
- Overwhelming swinging with an open swing promotes a slice. So it is wise not to kill the ball.
- Swing in a way so that your hands don't turn around.
Step 5 – Tee the ball downward and link the core of the ball with the soft spot of your driver.
- A shorter length on the teed-up ball will allow you to swing more.
- Keep in mind that you shouldn't kill the ball. A fair swing will make the fades easier.
This article showed the way of hitting a fade by following 5 specific steps. You just need to catch them clearly, practice them, hit fairly and have a nice fade shot. If anything goes wrong, let us know. If anything should be improved or added here with our information, tell it too. It would be our pleasure.