When choosing a golf shoe, one of the brand names that pops in our mind is the renowned brand “FootJoy.” FootJoy is a brand founded in 1857 in Brockton, Massachusetts, under the name of Field and Flint Company. Since then, FJ has surprised the whole golfing world with its fantastic golf accessories like golf shoes, golf gloves, and so on. And their most admirable and selling items are their golf shoes. Professional and amateur golfers love to wear their shoes because their shoes are high in quality, sharp in style, and can run for a long time.
There are always some newly designed shoes from FootJoy in every season. Each of the boots has something unique to attract you. So the situation becomes a little complicated when you are thinking about buying one model as there are so many options open for you. Also, you need to find one that meets all your needs.
In this article, we will be telling you about the 10 best golf shoes that this brand launched. We have spent more than a month choosing these 10 shoes among all the FJ golf footwear. So, let’s dig into the article to know what makes these shoes so special to get a place in this article.
Table of Content
- 10 Best FootJoy Golf Shoes
- 1. FootJoy Men's Traditions Golf Shoe
- 2. FootJoy Men's Premiere Series-Packard Golf Shoe
- 3. FootJoy Pro/Sl Golf Shoe
- 4. FootJoy Men's Fj Originals Golf Shoes
- 5. FootJoy Men's Contourfit-Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
- 6. FootJoy Men's Hyperflex Golf Shoe
- 7. FootJoy Men's D.n.a. -Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
- 8. FootJoy Men's Fury Golf Shoes
- 9. FootJoy Men's Tour X Golf Shoes
- 10. FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp Golf Shoes
- Buying Guide for FootJoy Golf Shoes
10 Best FootJoy Golf Shoes
1. FootJoy Men's Traditions Golf Shoe
Footjoy men’s traditional golf shoe is a boldly designed spiked golf shoe. It is a lace-up closure type shoe. The main material of the upper mesh is full-grain leather. As a result, the shoe is waterproof, absorbing, and durable.
You will see a contrast of bold colors on the upper mesh of the shoe. This shoe features a lightweight, molded Fit-Bed insole that provides you maximum comfort.
The FJ traditional shoe features a rubber sole. The rubber sole is flexible enough to consort with your foot while going for a swing or hitting in the golf course.
In addition, the outsole has 7 Pulsar cleats on it. These cleats help you with a good grip on the ground.
You can also check our article about the best golf shoes for walking.
- Lightweight and durable.
- The strings of the shoe won’t break easily.
- Wearable in mud and rain
- Perfect fit due to the laser street fit technology.
- 5 different color options in this shoe.
- The Pulsar cleats ensure a good grip on the turf.
- Very comfortable and flexible.
- Reasonable price compared to its features and long-time service.
- Only available in the lace-up closure.
- Some golfers may find the bold design and bright color contrast of this shoe a little bit irritating.
- Spiked shoe.
- The Pulsar cleats on the outsole may damage the grass on the golf course.
- Not all the sizes are available in this model.
2. FootJoy Men's Premiere Series-Packard Golf Shoe
The FJ Packard golf shoe is all about its fine detailing and premium construction. It features a full-grain leather upper mesh that has luxurious calfskin detail on it. The lining of the sheepskin increases the luxury and comfort of this shoe.
It has a Versa-Trax outsole, engineered with traction elements that ensure versatile traction. In addition, it has Pulsar cleats on the outsole for better gripping on the grass. Finally, this shoe has an OrthoLite EcoPlush Fit-Bed that gives you a comforting and soothing golfing experience to your feet.
- A premium pair of shoes when it comes to craftsmanship.
- Soft, high-quality leather upper mesh.
- Unlike other golf shoes, it has a sheepskin lining.
- The grip with this shoe is quite good.
- Waterproof and perfect for any weather.
- 4 different designs.
- The price of this shoe is pretty high.
- All sizes are not available.
- Not available in BOA fit version.
3. FootJoy Pro/Sl Golf Shoe
Our second product on the list is the “FJ Pro/SL golf shoe. It is a spikeless golf shoe designed with a lace-up style closure. This shoe features a Choromoskin leather upper mesh which is very gentle on foot and waterproof. The outsole of the shoe is light in weight and stands out for extreme stability. For your comfort, the shoe has a dual-density midsole.
In addition, it has an underfoot cushioning of the FTF- fine-tune foam that provides you maximum comfort with immense flexibility. Although this golf shoe is a spikeless one, it offers an excellent grip on the grass. It has a molded TPU soft rubber spike on the outsole to provide you with versatile traction. For more information about this shoe, take a look at the FootJoy Men's Pro/Sl Golf Shoes Review.
You can also check our article about the best golf shoes for wide feet.
- Completely waterproof golf shoe.
- Wearable in any season and weather.
- Looks very smart and sporty.
- 5 different color options to choose from.
- The upper mesh of the shoe is very supple and breathable.
- Great gripping on the golf course.
- The FTF lining ensures your comfort.
- Does not compromise stability and flexibility.
- Laser plus fit technology for form-fitting.
- Available in both lace-up and BOA styles.
- Golfers with wide feet may find this shoe on the narrow side.
- All the sizes are not available in this model.
- Possibility of a bit of squeezing for having heavy cushioning.
- The design may be dull for young golfers.
4. FootJoy Men's Fj Originals Golf Shoes
Another boldly designed golf shoe from the brand FootJoy is the FJ original golf shoe. This is a lace-up style shoe designed with the AUSTIN LAST technology for the perfect fit. The waterproof synthetic upper mesh of the shoe is very supple, durable, and light in weight.
This shoe has an EVA midsole that allows you to play and walk in the shoe with extreme comfort. It features a DuraMax rubber outsole that is very flexible and lets your feet move perfectly while swinging.
The insert system of the shoe is just fantastic. It has the Fast Twist cleat system with PiVix spikes. As a result, you get a consistent torque and balanced performance in your golf round.
- Waterproof shoes.
- Perfect for playing golf in any weather.
- It features a synthetic upper, which is very easy to clean.
- The Duramax rubber sole provides you with an excellent grip and balances with stability on the golf course.
- 3 different colors are available.
- The AUSTIN LAST technology provides your feet a form-fitting.
- Available in every foot size.
- Not available in the BOA fit.
- Won’t last as long as the other shoes.
- It is a spiked golf shoe.
- Before playing golf, you need to check whether the golf course is allowing this spiked shoe or not.
5. FootJoy Men's Contourfit-Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
Fj contour fit shoe is a lace-up closure type golf shoe. The shoe has an upper mesh made of full grain leather vamp. As a result, it is very absorbing, soft, and waterproof as well.
When it comes to comfort, the contoufit is the number one shoe. It was designed to provide you with the maximum comfort that never quits. It has a thick fit-bed insole for it.
In addition, this shoe features a midsole made of the Fine Tuned Foam 3.0, which is very lightweight and makes the shoe comfortable. An Achilles pad strategically placed in the shoe’s heel gives you good support while playing golf.
The Dynaflex outsole features soft spikes that give you a good gripping on the grass. Visit the FootJoy Men's Contourfit Golf Shoe Review to know more about this comfortable golf shoe.
- Fully waterproof.
- Can be used for a good time.
- Ensures maximum comfort while you are wearing this pair of shoes.
- Instead of metal spikes, it has soft spikes.
- The spikes of this shoe are not going to damage the greens on the golf course.
- Limited color options.
- Some golfers may not like the bold design of this shoe.
- Not available in the BOA fit.
- Due to the thick fit-bed, you may feel a squishy feeling.
- All sizes are not available in this model.
6. FootJoy Men's Hyperflex Golf Shoe
The FJ Hyperflex golf shoe was designed with innovation. This golf shoe has an athletic outlook. It has an engineered performance upper mesh that is made of hot melt yearn. This technology ensures your long day’s comfort wearing the shoe.
The outsole of this shoe is very sturdy and durable. It is featured with optiflex zones that provide you with maximum traction on the greens. The shoe has a molded EVA midsole and a Stratofoam lining for your underfoot comfort.
The Fast Twist 3.0 cleat system with Pulsar LP cleats offers you consistent torque for balanced performance.
- A sturdy and durable outsole.
- Very light in weight.
- 100% waterproof.
- With the cleats, this shoe offers a good grip on the ground.
- Very comfortable golf shoe for a long walk.
- Three color options.
- Available in both Lace-up style and BOA style.
- The design is more appropriate for young golfers than seniors.
- Some golfers may find an issue with the Stratofoam lining.
- Not available in all sizes.
- You may not like the front design of the BOA version of the FJ Hyperflex.
7. FootJoy Men's D.n.a. -Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
FJ DNA is a shoe that features the traditional design of a golf shoe. It has a Chromoskin leather upper mesh that is very lightweight, durable, and waterproof. It features a Snug fit tongue with MicroVent™ technology that increases the breathability of the shoe.
The shoe features a NitroThin™ TPU outsole that ensures stability and balance while playing. The outsole has tornado cleats on it that provide a good grip on the golf course while playing. It has a Fine Tuned Foam (FTF) fit-bed that gives comfort with support for the heel.
Finally, it has the Nitro Last technology that offers an excellent fitting and completes the low-profile athletic look of the shoe.
- Modern and classy.
- Tornado cleats for a good grip.
- Very light in weight.
- Sturdy, durable, and lightweight.
- Available in 4 different color options.
- The design may be a little bit boring for young golfers.
- The tongue of the shoe keeps the slip in sideways.
- The string slits very quickly.
- Spiked golf shoes.
- Due to heavy cushioning, you may feel squishiness.
8. FootJoy Men's Fury Golf Shoes
The FJ fury golf shoe is designed to give you an athletic look on the golf course. It is a spiked shoe available in both lace-up and BOA fit styles. It features a full-grain leather upper mesh. The leather mesh makes the shoe lightweight, soft, agile, and waterproof.
The shoe features an OrthoLite Impressions FitBed and Fine-tuned foam infused midsole for the comfort of your feet. The outsole of this shoe is just promising.
It features a D3 outsole that is solid and rigid enough to offer you the utmost stability. Top on that, the outsole has tornado cleats for a good grip on the grass.
- The outlook is very modern and stylish.
- Available in both lace-up and BOA styles.
- 4 exciting color options.
- The Laser Plus fit technology ensures a form-fitting of your foot in this shoe.
- The inside fabric quality is quite disappointing.
- The toe box of the shoe is a little bit narrow.
- Spiked golf shoe.
- You may find the shoe squeezing due to heavy cushioning.
9. FootJoy Men's Tour X Golf Shoes
The FJ tour x golf shoe features a very classic design. The shoe features a high-quality leather upper mesh with a molded 3D collar for good support while playing golf. The upper leather makes the shoe durable and waterproof.
This shoe has a PowerPlate outsole that is made of synthetic. The outsole provides enough stability. There are launch pods on the outsole that creates an additional surface for you.
Finally, the Ortholite fit-bed enhances the underfoot comfort of this shoe.
- Waterproof and suitable in any weather.
- Every size available in this shoe.
- Available in three different colors.
- ABOA-fit version is available as well.
- Lightweight, breathable and durable.
- The tongue design of this shoe is inferior.
- The insole of this shoe is not that soft.
- Young golfers may find the outlook boring.
- The price of this shoe is relatively higher than its features.
10. FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp Golf Shoes
The FJ Superlite Xp is an absolutely lightweight golf shoe. It’s a traditionally designed golf shoe with a lace-up front. It has thick shoelaces and a versatile tongue. The shoe features a synthetic upper mesh that is very durable and keeps your foot away from dampness.
The outsole of this shoe is a synthetic product. It has no spike on it. But the outsole features some soft molded rubber traction elements for grip. This is an impenetrable golf shoe, perfect to wear for summer tours.
- Very light in weight.
- Your foot won’t sweat a lot in this shoe.
- 3 different color variants.
- Not much comfortable for golfers with narrow feet.
- Gripping is not good enough.
- Some sizes are unavailable in this model.
- Not much durable.
Buying Guide for FootJoy Golf Shoes
It is vital to buy a golf shoe that features a versatile outsole. Because the shoe needs to be very flexible, stable and the grip should be better on the green of the golf course in order to hit a perfect shot of golf. Only a perfect outsole can provide you with all these components.
When it comes to golf shoes, spikes have both advantages and disadvantages. With spikes, you will get a better grip on the ground. And without spikes, you won’t get a good grip and stability on the golf course. And metal spikes are the best for this reason. But this kind of spike is not suitable for the golf course. It damages the grass and the field. So it is wise to buy a golf shoe that features alternative traction elements like molded rubber elements or soft spikes, or tornado cleats.
The comfort and breathability of a golf shoe depend much on the upper mesh of the shoe. If the upper mesh is made of high-quality material, the shoe would be soft, absorbing, nonporous, and waterproof. For all these facilities, you can go for a golf shoe designed with full-grain leather or a Chromoskin leather upper mesh. However, if you are looking for a cruelty-free vegan option, go for a golf shoe that features a synthetic upper mesh with a waterproof coating on it.
A golf shoe has to be comfortable as you walk for a long time to play a round of golf. These days, golf shoes feature different layers of soft elements for underfoot comfort. A layer of Stratofoam or Finely tuned foam or an EVA midsole can make the shoe comfortable for long-time wear. It is better to buy a shoe that features these kinds of things.
In this article, we have tried to discuss some of the best golf shoes of the renowned brand FootJoy. Eash golf shoes in this list are versatile with their design and performance. If you have any other favorite FJ shoe that you think can be enlisted as one of the best from FootJoy, but we missed, please let us know about it. Also, you can share your experience of playing golf with these shoes on. Write your opinion in the comment box below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.